Daily Food Choices to BOOST Energy
Did you know you can actually avoid the midday energy slump just by eating the right foods? Instead of relying on caffeine and sugary-energy drinks to give you a daily boost of energy, switch up your diet to include these healthy foods to give your body long-lasting energy every day!
- Ditch the caffeinated beverages. Try adding fresh lemon slices to water to make it more enjoyable to sip on throughout the day. Sparkling water is another great option to reach for versus an overloaded sugary soda!
- Fill your plate with unprocessed foods. Processed foods are packed full of ingredients known to keep you down, and craving more! By sticking to a diet full of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains you’ll be able to maintain steady energy levels throughout the day.
- Eat more eggs! Eggs are chock full of vitamins, protein, and healthy fats. Not only will they boost your energy levels naturally, but they’ll also curb your cravings and leave you feeling full for hours.
- Lean into lean proteins. Turkey, chicken, and fish high in omega-3 fatty acids like salmon, are the best sources of protein for a healthy diet. Choosing these lean cuts of meat instead of processed meats like hotdogs or bacon will be sure to keep your energy levels stable.
- Snack on almonds. When you need a snack to hold you over until dinner time, reach for the almonds! The combination of fats, protein, and fiber will not only keep your energy levels strong but also keep you feeling full longer. Plus, they’re tasty!
- Fill up on Oats! Oatmeal is filling, full of fiber, and sure to provide long-lasting energy at any time of the day. To avoid sugar and processed ingredients that will suck your energy, stick to old-fashioned or steel-cut oats versus packaged instant oats.